Peak Design has teamed with Leica to launch the Peak Design Leica Backpack Capsule, a combination Peak Design Backpack, Cuff (wrist strap) and Leash (neck strap) designed specifically for lovers of that expensive Red Dot.
This limited edition version of the company’s backpack includes subtle Leica trim including the camera maker’s iconic red dot, as well as red stitching.
Peak Design’s Backpack is designed for everyday use by photographers who need to safely transport their gear while traveling or undergoing their daily commute. The bag sports a pair of expandable external side pockets, padded internal accessory pockets, a sleeve for laptops up to 15in, a pair of weatherproof side zips for dual side-loading, a MagLatch top access point, and customizable FlexFold dividers.
he Leica Backpack Capsule is currently listed for preorder online at a price of $300, but visitors to Leica stores and Boutiques in North America can get one for free (while supplies last) if they purchase a Leica SL before December 31st.
The backpack’s specs are as follows:
- Weight Empty: 1350g (2.9 lbs.)
- Capacity: 12 L min to 20 L max
- Max laptop dimensions: 15″x9.75″x1″ (38x25x2.5cm) – Designed to carry up to a 15 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2009 or later.
- Max Tablet Dimensions: 14″ X 8.5″ X 0.4″ (33X22X1CM)
- Outer dimensions: 18” H x 12” W x 6.75” D (46 H x 30 W x 17 D cm) (These are unpacked dimensions. Actual size will expand/contract depending on load.)